Saturday, May 5, 2012

And we're off on another travel adventure...

 Well, I've plucked up my courage and bought tickets for another travel adventure....for just The Bella & me! No Thomas. He's still in Germany. No Thomas to schlep bags, load/unload the car, carry the backpack around the city, to help with The Bella. All.By.Myself. {{{Gulp!}}} Normally, I would have just skipped the trip, but this one is super special and if we're moving late this summer, this will be my last chance. My last chance at.....

THE HEART OF TUSCANY!!!

We'll first be visiting the city of Arezzo, in the province of Arezzo:
 The ancient Tuscan city of Arezzo, with its Roman ruins, medieval walls, Renaissance architecture and incomparable Piero della Francesca murals, has always been a magnet for art lovers. But on the first weekend of every month, when its Piazza Grande is filled with a motley collection of ramshackle furniture, musty paintings and stained silverware, it is a lodestone for connoisseurs and bargain hunters! This fair has been held the first weekend of the month since 1969! We'll eat lunch here...

And then.... after a 30 minute drive...
 Cortona!!! The city from "Under The Tuscan Sun"!!!! One of my all-time favorite movies and one I've watch hundreds of times....dreaming of the day I'd live in Italy. Before we even knew we would be living here!
 
 
I will be taking tons and tons and tons of photos and videos - promise!!! This is totally a dream come true for me! And I can hardly wait!! Of course, I'm also trying not to have a panic attack thinking of all the things that could go wrong, and being alone with Bellaboo. I did purchase new books & toys in an effort to bribe her good behavior. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Toriz said...

Have fun, and good luck!

AliceKay said...

Ditto what Tori said.

Deanna said...

Have a wonderful time! I know everything will go very smooth and Bella will be on her best behavior for you. I LOVE that movie too!

Am looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.

Unknown said...

Have fun, safe journey Hugs Elaine

Intense Guy said...

I'm really glad you are taking the opportunity to travel and see the sights while you are there!! That has to be a HUGE "fringe benefit" of a job that has so many "fringe expenses."