Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Wacky Watercooler December "Best Of..." Blog Hop!

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.de/

Welcome, welcome! It's so great to have you here!!! You should be arriving here from Marsha's blog. If not, or you got lost along the way, you can click on the banner above to begin at the beginning of the hop. This end of year hop is our "Best Of" hop....best of contributing Demonstrators, best of retired products, and best of current products. I have to say that this has been probably one of my favorite hops, because it allowed me a bit more "freedom" of choice, lol!! I had planned on doing some tags, and maybe some cute Christmas ornaments, but when it came down to it, necessity won out - I needed more cards for my longgggg list this year!!! Maybe next year! *wink*

 Best of CASEing Project:
Names were drawn for all of us to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a project by a fellow Demonstrator. I was lucky enough to receive Deborah Smart from Stamp and Create as my CASEing partner! I chose a card she shared on her blog HERE. As you can see, she did a much better job than I did with the sunburst effect, but this was my first time trying it with just a paper trimmer. They turn out much better for me when I use a 'contraband' die, lol! I really love this color combination though, and the new tree stamps and matching punch made this a quick & easy card.
Recipe:
Stamps: Festival of Trees
Paper: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, All is Calm DSP, silver glitter paper
Ink: Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Silver Encore ink
Accessories: tree punch, star punch, 3/8" stitched satin ribbon in Lost Lagoon, dimensionals, Decorative Dots embossing folder

Best of Retired Products:
I will freely admit to being a "bit" of a paper hoarder. OK, fine...I have serious issues with paper hoarding, lol!!! I buy a lot of it, especially of pretty patterned paper!, and although I do use it, I have stacks and stacks and stacks of unopened packs, because it's almost too pretty to cut into and/or can't be replaced. Yes, this is silly and no, I don't see much hope in a cure!! Stamps and dies are another matter, as I'm a "hobby Demo" and can keep on using all the retired items with no regard for my customers because I don't have any!!! So I don't have to sell all my retired things at the end of each catalog! (Yay, me!) I've seen many examples of heat embossing on patterned papers, and I wanted to try it out on this card. Even though it's patterned, the bold embossed stamping shows up perfectly!
Recipe:
Stamps: Scentsational Season (retired)
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Vellum, Season of Style DSP (retired)
Ink: Versa Mark, Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar, Smoky Slate
Accessories: matching framelits (retired), white embossing powder, SU markers, white paper doily, dimensionals, banner framelits

Best of Current Products:
There are some really cute things in the current main catalog and our holiday "mini". I used both for these cards, to make the most of the oh-so-cute Santa Stache stamp set! Love it!!!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Santa Stache, Wondrous Wreath
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, silver foil card stock, white glitter paper
Ink: silver Encore ink, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Tuxedo Black Memento ink
Accessories: banner framelits, mustache framelit, dazzling diamonds glitter, 2 way glue pen, wreath set framelits, SU markers, alcohol markers, Filigree Frame embossing folder, dimensionals

 Recipe:
Stamps: Santa Stache
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Whisper White,  Champagne glitter paper, black felt paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Tuxedo Black Momento ink
Accessories: Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, star framelit, mustache framelit, woodgrain embossing folder, googly eyes, dimensionals, alcohol markers

I hope you've enjoyed my cards for this hop, and possibly feel inspired for any remaining cards you have left on your Christmas card list!! I wish you and your loved ones the very merriest of holidays!!! Next up, Deborah Smart - simply click on the "NEXT" watercooler button below!
http://stampandcreate.net/

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.de/

http://www.coffeepotstampingcafe.com/

15 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, so many beautiful cards! I love them all, but I think my favorite is the Festival of Trees in blue, right at the top. They're all amazing!

Terri said...

fun projects, Jeannie!! Btw, I drew your name in the draw for CASEing. check it out!!

Gail said...

Great to see you in the Hop line-up Jeannie. Love your use of the Santa Stache - I just don't get the whole mustache thing, but these are really cute!

Created by Kath said...

I love the second card, wish I had bought that set.

That Little Nut said...

These are all so awesome!

Unknown said...

Cute,cute,cute and cute! Love them all. My favorite is the Santa Stache with the Wondrous Wreath, the details are wonderful! (Wish I had bought the Santa Stache set so I could CASE it!)

Deborah Smart said...

I love your 'case' of my sunburst, Jeanne - yours is fabulous! :) The Scentsational Season set is one of my retired faves, too; and you've made me like the Santa Stache! So glad you're with us on this Hop :)

Heidi Weaver said...

Thank you for being part of this wonderful blog hop, Jeannie. I think it's our best so far, don't you?

Even without contraband dies, you've done a great job on taking Deb's inspiration and making it your own. Love those blues in the sunburst and the Festival of Trees bundle is perfect for the card. Funny that you should have used the Scentsational bundle, since that was my pick, too. Loved it and mourned its retirement. I think it should have been given a longer run. But I continue to use it just as you do, because it makes for a wonderful card. Love yours!

I bought the Santa Stache set immediately upon seeing it and have used it a lot. I totally agree that it's one of the "best of" the current products. Love the way you've used both the Santa and the Nutcracker. I wouldn't have thought to use the wreath behind the Santa but it works brilliantly. Thanks for sharing.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Your nutcracker totally won me over--such a cute card! And your sunburst tree card is really pretty--great CASE!

Christine said...

Love them all. Like several others, the "stache" was not something that I liked, but now I do. You created the perfect card(s) to sell me on it, especially the nutcracker.
I absolutely love the color combo in the tree card.

I challenge you to a contest for the most hoarded paper. I have boxes of it, at least 10 of those 12x12 scrap paper boxes you buy at Michael's. I especially love flowers and Christmas paper.

Marsha Reed said...

Great projects, Jeanne! Loved the hot chocolate!

AliceKay said...

I loved the second one, but they are all great looking cards. Nice work.

Intense Guy said...

Beautiful cards!

Now I'm going to hop off to see what color "Lost Lagoon" is....

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

It made my heart happy to see you joining the hop Miss Jeannie. Same effect with the actual post too. Terrific projects and love your self deprecating humor too! Craft Hoarding is a disease I'm not sure I'm looking for a cure for myself.
Your Stache cards really got my engine revving. Especially the nutcracker. Wonderfully creative things you found to do with those two characters and I'm adding to my own CASE files yet again.
Hugs and love my hop sister!

Crafty Medic said...

Love your use of the stache's! Great work as always!