Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It's been SO LONG!!!

So long since I've crafted!!! So long...that at first I didn't even know where to start! I often scour the internet looking for great cards. Sometimes I just like the way someone has used a stamp set, or the layout, or the color combinations they used. It's very rare that I completely CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a card. To me that just seems like cheating somehow. But when I saw this card made by Alexandra Grape, I thought it was really stunning in it's simplicity. I did add a sentiment and the little hummingbird, but the rest was as she designed it. I just can't handle too much "white space", lol!!

Isn't it lovely??

I have so many over-due cards to send out, that I made two of these. One the mat is popped up (shown), and the other is adhered flat. Because these are handmade, no two are ever exactly alike, but I normally never make duplicates. That shows you how desperate I am to get caught up, lol! I even did FUSSY CUTTING, which I normally never, ever do because it's so tedious. All the pink stamped images are made with Primrose Petals ink, but with the flowers I stamped off first, giving it a lighter shade than the hummingbird and sentiment. Pretty cool, huh??

Recipe:
Stamps: Bloomin' Marvelous, Very Vintage wheel, Feel Goods
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals
Accessories: ribbon slide, Primrose Petals ribbon, Oval Frame embossing folder, dimensionals, rhinestones

Now to get busy with some more!!!

8 comments:

MrsC.x said...

gorgeous card chick x

Angie said...

Your card is beautiful! Have fun being creative!
Angie #109

Amanda Corbet said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you're getting a chance to craft again!

Deanna said...

Very, very pretty. I think the hummingbird and sentiment are a nice touch. I try not to CASE . cards, but rather just get awesome ideas, but sometimes one is too awesome to note CASE. I will be stealing this basic idea. Can't CASE it entirely because I don't have the flower stamp set! Or the sentiment. Or the stamp color. lol.

Sueann said...

You are so right....elegantly simple...stunning
Hugs
SueAnn

Mary said...

I love this card! Hummingbirds are just about my favorite!

Alison Scott said...

Glad you made time to craft this. A beautifully simple but elegant creation.

AliceKay said...

Love the hummingbird.