Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ENOUGH with the earthquakes already!!!



Seriously freaking out right now!! This one was the hardest and longest one so far. I literally ran out of my house, convinced it was going to crash down on my head! Thank God I was dressed.....oy! OK, seriously, I'm so ready to leave now!!!!!

Update: Over an hour later and still feeling nearly constant tremors! Very, very light vibration kind, but it's still freaking me out! I need a drink!!!!

2nd Update: Well, we had yet another fairly rumbly earthquake - enough to make my husband phone home! Then we had about 20 mins of  "vibrations" afterwards. Very spooky feeling. I asked Bella if she had felt it while at school and she said yes. I asked her if she had been scared and she said not really, but that the teacher had all the kids get under desks and tables. See? I wasn't over-reacting!!!! Sadly, more people in the south (near the epicenter) died. I think some lovely wine is in order this evening!!! It's been quite a day!

17 comments:

Sueann said...

Yeowzers!! That would freak me out too!!
Good luck
Hugs
SueAnn

Mary said...

OMG! I can't believe y'all are still having quakes! We get slight ones every now and then...totally freaky! I don't know how the people in Ca. do it!

AliceKay said...

First news report on the TV this morning was about the earthquakes in Italy. I'm glad to hear you're all safe. I would freak out, too. *hugs*

joe tacoma said...

I know how frightening earthquakes can be: The Loma Prieta quake in Santa Cruz ('89) made me feel very small, very fast.

Glad you and your family are okay.

April said...

You have every right to feel rattled! Y'all stay safe over there!

Kristina P. said...

I haven't experienced an earthquake in probably 15 years. So glad you guys are OK!

Lisa said...

I don't think that sound like very much fun. Hang in there, only a couple more weeks.

KatCollects said...

Oh my gosh, I really need to catch up with you! Earthquakes, yikes... and leaving for Germany? What have I missed, lol. Life has dealt us another blow here, I can not believe at times how life can turn. I think it's time for me to do some reading though. Big hugs to you
Kathy

Toriz said...

Glad you, Thomas and Bella are all safe!

Deanna said...

I would be seriously freaking out. I barely remember one from when I was a child and it wasn't a bad one. I'm glad you are ok!

Unknown said...

Wish I was there to drink and stand in the streets with you! Stay safe would ya!!!!

ChicagoLady said...

I'm just glad you're ok!

Paloma said...

That's sooo scary! I am happy to know you and your family are all ok! So sad for those who died... Earthquakes are scary indeed! Keep us updated! :) Hugs!

Rita said...

Good grief! What is going on over there? More earthquakes and tremors! Have you googled earthquakes in Germany yet? ;)

Unknown said...

I was getting my stitches removed when I heard of this. Man super scary! get to Germany in one piece please!Love you

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I know what they feel like and do not like them any more than a tornado or hurricane....bad feelings. Thinking about you and your family.

Heatherlyn said...

Seriously, are earthquakes commonplace in Italy?