Sunday, September 25, 2011

Milan Trip - Part 2

Here's the next part of our trip! Remember - you can click to enlarge any photo!!

Castle Sforza up ahead
But first, we have to get there!
One of the corner towers
This is a very large fountain!
Bella & Daddy
Bella & Natalie
Two more elephants!!! And in the background, a really cool looking vehicle!
Notice the three wiper blades? Looks like they would spin, instead of just going side to side!
Another mime!
This one couldn't move though, so Bella liked it better, lol!
The one was so gallant he kissed her hand! Bella thought this was terrific and "just like" one of her movies!! When she stepped down, he bowed low and it was just charming! I wish I had thought to make a video!!!!
She's tickled!
(And she informed him that she was a REAL Princess!)
I think he was tickled as well!
Walking across the "moat", which is now dry.
Interior courtyard
Last week they had a fashion show here!
They were in the process of tearing down the catwalk. I imagine it would have looked just incredible at night, all lit up!
Showing an attack on the castle.
Artillery!
These moats were really deep!
And FILLED with cats, lol!
Bella standing in a battlement.
Very high walls
This fresco was in the bookshop inside the castle.

Greek street musician
Isn't this music so relaxing??? Loved it!
Arch in the distance.
We'll see it better, from the other side, on the bus later.
We shopped for souvenirs here, and had some YUMMY gelato too!
Touring bus
This was a huge wall banner. So cute!
Lunchtime!
Thomas & Bella split a pizza.
I had a mixed salad. It doesn't look all that great, but it was incredible. I was too hot to eat hot food, and the flavor of "plain" food in Italy is just heavenly. Except for the not quite hard, hard boiled egg which I didn't eat, lol!
Cat had my first choice (if it hadn't been so hot!) - the risotto Milanese. So creamy!!
Gelatos and pastries for dessert
Bella showing her favorite of the day!
HELLO KITTY!!!
Very, very pricey kitties at that!!
I wonder if I'll EVER be this "put together"!
This street artist was making sculptures out of veggies!
Each one so intricate!
Out of these plain veggies!!!

La Galleria
This is what it's like walking through it!
It's too bad you can't smell all the delightful perfumes the women were wearing, or the smells out of the cafes and bakeries!! Shopping and eating paradise!

Bella & The Pigeons
First we fed them...and then Bella chased them all away, lol! We seemed to have hundreds surrounding us when we fed them some leftover bread. We were too busy having some fun to take any photos though!!! Luckily, no poop on our heads!
La Scala

La Scala (Italian: Teatro alla Scala), is a world renowned opera house in Milan, Italy. The theatre was inaugurated on 3 August 1778 and was originally known as the New Royal-Ducal Theatre at La Scala (Italian: Nuovo Regio Ducale Teatro alla Scala). The premiere performance was Antonio Salieri's Europa riconosciuta.

Most of Italy's greatest operatic artists, and many of the finest singers from around the world, have appeared at La Scala during the past 200 years. Today, the theatre is still recognised as one of the leading opera and ballet theatres in the world and is home to the La Scala Theatre Chorus, La Scala Theatre Ballet and La Scala Theatre Orchestra.

La Galleria, was built to connect the opera house (La Scala) to the cathedral (Duomo). And what a beautiful "tunnel" they made indeed!!

I took these shots for you, Rita!! Very fancy, very expensive pens!
I spied some exotic looking journals too but we didn't have time to pop inside.
Rich, jewel colors and metal scrolling.
One of each, please???
Trying for luck!
The legend has it if you spin three times, you'll have good luck for a year.
Thomas will have to let you know how that pans out, lol!
Gorgeous tile mosaics everywhere!

Please continue on to Part 3!

5 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Wow! I can't even begin to pick a favorite - it all looks so amazing and fun! Such a great time - what memories Bella is making!

Intense Guy said...

Looks like a place where you can get visual and sensorial overload from all the sights and colors and yummy looking food!!

Bet Thomas really enjoyed that old fort/castle!

Heatherlyn said...

Gorgeous. I wish I could have read all the information on the castle. I think those cannon balls made of stone, or artillery as you called it, would have done some serious damage.

The opera house was gorgeous. And all the mosaic art work is beautiful. I love it!

Rita said...

All the buildings were just amazing! I loved the street musician and would have been content to sit and listen to him for some time. The guy carving veggies was intriguing...but the Pens!! OMG! I tried to google those first two from what I could read and couldn't even find them online. Those are the kinds of pens that run thousands of dollars! I would have been unable to keep myself outside on the walkway, that's for sure. I was drooling here on my keyboard--LOL! Thanks so much, Jeannie!! Whoohoo! :):)

joe tacoma said...

How I'd love to be there with my sketchbook!