Monday, February 2, 2015

My Sunday Blessings

This was a pretty slow weekend, and not nearly as productive as last weekend was. Sleep hasn't been that great, and that affects everything else in my life. *sad face* And I didn't get time/energy enough to do much crafting at all. I did finally manage to get three cards done by the time I went to bed, but only have one to share with you today.

So....what's new....

Thomas' unit has raised enough money to have a Daddy-Daughter Dance!!! Bella is over the moon excited, and is counting down the days until February 27th!!! They will have a fancy dinner with dancing afterwards. There will also be a professional photographer there! Obviously, the first thing on Bella's agenda was to get a dress!!! There was nothing to be found at the PX (no surprise there!), so we started looking online. Bella wanted a dark pink dress, preferably with some sequins on it. So I searched and searched and gave her about 8 options that fit her requirements and were available in her size. And this is the dress she chose!
Isn't it pretty???
She will also be getting a new tiara too! She already has a lovely pearl-beaded sweater to wear over it, which she can take off when they start dancing.

Here's Thomas, being silly and becoming a real live Sims character, lol!

There are many, many wonderful reasons to participate in What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday!!! One of them is find super cool things like this....
A handmade, one-of-a-kind knitted hedgehog!!!
AND HE'S ALL MINE!!!!!!
"Lunch Lady Jan" is currently making tote bags and little owls as part of a fundraiser for a friend battling cancer. And then she came up with this guy!!! I was so lucky to be up and about early that day so that I could claim him for my own!!!! His name is George, and he's now upstairs in the Stamping Studio along side my favorite Italian hen, Rosalina! I'm not really a stuffed animal person, but these little guys really spoke to my heart and I love 'em!

And last, but not least!, here is the card I finished for Alex. It's an unusual Valentine for my Alaskan living daughter!!! Lots of lovely Lawn Fawn goodies, with a new SU punch for all the little hearts, and colored with Copics.

Like I said earlier, I did manage to get two other cards completed before bedtime, but I haven't photographed them yet. There's soooo much I want to do, but finding the time and energy is a different story. Hopefully this week will be better and include MORE STAMPING!!! :D

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jeannie, hope your engery levels rise for you, horrible to feel lethargic.
Anyway your card is lovely, great design and embellishments, love the moose theme.
Now Bella's dress is absolutely gorgeous and she will look a picture in it. You must post a photo of her in all her finery.
Great photo of hubby and all those little critters, they are just so sweet, take care, hugs Kate x

Intense Guy said...

If I could send ya a bottle of Sleep I would.

Hugs.

ChicagoLady said...

OMG, that hedgehog is SO cute!

Gail said...

The dress is beautiful!
The hedgehog, so cute, and the card is wonderful!
Hope you have a great week!

AliceKay said...

Beautiful dress! Bella will look so pretty for the Daddy-Daughter Dance.

The hedgehog is cute.

That's a great card for Alex. So cute, too! :)