Ahhhh, it's Sunday! I love Sundays!!!! It's the no-rush, relax, no errand running, stay-at-home kind of day! Except when you've procrastinated all weekend on the laundry and it becomes this epic, ohmygosh we're all going to go around nekkid tomorrow if I don't wash this veritable mountain of stinky, damp clothes. And towels. And sheets. Oh my! Bummer.
But still, I'm grateful for:
- Having clothes, and towels, and sheets to wash. And my own machines to clean them in. And a home to wash them in. Some people don't and would love the opportunity to stay home and do laundry.
- Having the house to myself for the afternoon. I might be doing laundry, but it's still quiet and peaceful while Thomas & Bella are out at Megaplay. And if I hurry, I might be able to squeeze in some crafting!
- My health improving. I think I'm finally "used to" my medications and the seemingly endless amount of supplements to help me get "used to" them. I'm getting more and better quality sleep (most nights!), which makes everything else in my life easier and better!
- Online shopping. Americans are so used to having whatever they need sold in a nearby store or mall. That isn't the case when you live overseas. Yes, we have to wait for it to be delivered by the sometimes SLOW mail, but it gets here. And it's like Christmas when it arrives! :D
- Having a husband who understands the concept of fun!!! Yesterday we went a bit crazy shopping for Halloween decorations to decorate our truck for the upcoming "Trunk Or Treating" the USO is hosting this year. We've never really decorated anything before for Halloween, so this was something fun and new. We bounced ideas off each other and had a blast filling our cart to overflowing! Life is often hard; live it with people who know how to have some fun!
- Homeschooling. Not every day is fun, and we don't always demonstrate the best attitudes. But we are able to do it our way, on our schedule, and we don't have to stand out in the cold and rain waiting on a bus!!! Or have to get dressed. We get mid-morning cookie breaks. If we don't have any cookies, we can stop and make some. We can take our time. Our day isn't supervised or regimented by bells or a clock. We love and we pray. It's pretty much the best thing ever!
- My life. I like who I am and who I'm becoming. I didn't always, but I'm older now. A little wiser. A lot happier!