Thursday, May 9, 2013

Inspiration from the weirdest places...

A while ago, a friend posted an image on Facebook of a pillow she had purchased for her patio furniture. She loved it, but wanted to get more and her store was out of them. So she asked for help among her friends to see if they could check the stores in their areas. Obviously I wasn't going to be of any help in that area over here in Germany, but I thought I could make her a card that looked like it!!!

The pillow:

And I knew just the set I was going to use too!! So naturally, I went to my huge stamp binder to find it. But it wasn't there! I looked, and looked, and looked. It's hard not to get distracted when looking for one specific set, because I see so many others and think, OH! I could use that for...wait...what was I looking for?? But it still wasn't there. And I didn't know the name of it either. Ugh! I was pretty sure it had retired, so I looked in older catalogs. Found it! But still, don't you hate it when you "know" you have something, and it turns out you don't??? Very frustrating!

So off to eBay I went. And I found it. And it wasn't cheap! But still, now I would have it and not just think I had it, lol! It arrived last week and as it was only available in wood mounted, I had to convert it to clear mount. No biggie, but it just took that much longer to be able to use it. And today I did!

The card:
 Recipe:
Stamps: Flower Fancy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Raspberry Ripple marker, Wild Wasabi 1 1/4" striped ribbon, metal brad, word window punch, modern label punch, dimensionals, score board

*********************************

Yesterday Thomas brought home a package (yay!!) from There She Goes Stamps. I was totally in love with their new pirate sets and the demo cards they shared!!

Shiver Me Timbers

Ship Happens

Beach Bum

Flava Sava
(Can't wait to use this one too!!)

Off to create something new...

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Ah my most favorite colors!

Wild Wasabi, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Strawberry Slush, and Blushing Bride!!

My next car is going to be Poppy Parade... or Calypso Coral (so hard to choose!)

April said...

I always enjoy seeing your wonderful creations! Enjoy your day, Jeannie!

Lisa said...

Fun, fun! I love the pillow inspiration.

Cathy said...

What a beautiful card you made.

Rita said...

Iggy--you crack me up!!

That card turned out so perfect for her! I have gotten rid of some stamps over the years, so I occasionally will think I have one and I don't any more. (Same thing for kitchen gadgets--LOL!)

I had to giggle at the snail's pace line--because my life is always at a snail's pace these days--LOL! Have fun.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

That was the most amazing card. You did good my friend.

Unknown said...

Oh you are such a good friend.

Beautiful card! Way to go!

AliceKay said...

Beautiful card!

Gail said...

Great card!
Love the stamps you got too!
The sayings cracked me up!

Diane said...

Very pretty colors for your card design.


Regards diane