Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Post-It Note Tuesday!








* Recipe down below!









Saturday was our 11th Wedding Anniversary! We got married on the anniversary of our first date, so we've been together for 12 years. It seems really long and really short at the same time, lol! We've been through A LOT, I'll say that. I do so love my Sweet Baboo!!!!!

Cranberry Turkey Wreath
2 8oz. packages of crescent roll dough
2 cups chopped, cooked turkey
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack, also Mozzerella is great too!)
1/2 cup sliced celery (I used a bit more!)
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
3 Tbsp fresh parsley (I used cilantro and it was amazing!)
1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp honey dijon mustard (I used spicy brown instead!)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 egg white, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375*

Mix turkey, cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayo, mustard and pepper in a bowl. On a round baking stone (or cookie sheet, or pizza pan!), arrange the 16 triangles of dough, slightly overlapping, with the points pointing away from the center. Scoop filling evenly over the center edge of the ring. Wrap the pointed ends of the dough over the filling, and tuck into the center of the ring. (I did this a bit at an angle to get better coverage. And it looks prettier too!!!) The filling will show a little and that's fine. Brush top of dough with egg white. You can sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese or garlic salt if you wish. Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. 8 servings.



7 comments:

April said...

Wishing you and Thomas a very Happy Anniversary! Chris and I will be married for 24 years next Oct...boy, do I feel O-L-D!!! So happy that y'all are finally getting over your sicknesses. We, literally, have been sick for close to a month! It is getting much better, but I've sort of had a relapse. I can feel a cough building back up, again...wonderful. Hope your day is great, Jeannie!

Liz Mays said...

I'm sure you two are stronger for all you've dealt with over the years. Happy Anniversary!

And the sun along with improving health is making March look mighty fine (and taste good too). Yum to your recipes!

Gail said...

Well Happy (Belated) Anniversary!!
Thanks for the recipe, sounds great.....it's on the list!
Glad you are all feeling better!

Lisa said...

That turkey wreath sounds and looks delicious.

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary! I've seen the turkey cranberry wreath but have never tried it. You did a good job with it; it's very pretty!

Alison Scott said...

Glad to hear you're all feeling better at last.
The nice days have been marvellous haven't they?
Thanks for sharing the recipe it looks fab.
Now noted in my cooking wishlist!

Alison Scott said...

Also. Happy Anniversary from me.
xx