Saturday, December 15, 2012

Not laughing this Caturday

Although we get very sketchy, mish-mashed assortment of news programs over here, even we have heard about the tragedy in Newton, CT. As a mother, I cannot fathom losing a child to a school shooting. I cannot fathom the mental illness that would allow someone to shoot small children. I cannot fathom the families who have hidden Christmas presents for children who are no longer with them. It's just too much; too unthinkable.

Hug your children tight. 

Count your blessings. 

Give thanks for all you have. 

Pray for the families that must bear this unbearable grief.

3 comments:

Sueann said...

It has yet to sink in..I am still numb
Hugs
SueAnn

Mary said...

The tragedy in Newtown triggered a discussion between CH & I re: the security of my schools. Sure, the doors are locked, but they are GLASS doors...pretty sure they aren't bulletproof. Very, very sad.

Lisa said...

It was a horrific event. My heart is sad....