Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Trip to Portofino - Part 3

Incredible so far, isn't it?? The Italians do beautiful so well, lol! A couple people have commented on the weather. It was overcast for much of the day, but it was quite warm. The sun came out about 3 pm and it was simply gorgeous. On to Part 3...
I love these palm trees!

Everyone loves Marilyn!

I love this photo!!!

I was teaching Bella a little biology, showing the barnacles, tiny mussels and algae.
As you can see, she really enjoyed it!
I wish this was my house! It's the perfect color too!!!

Yes, it's really this gorgeous!

The water was quite clear and we could see tons of fish!
Naturally, Bella found dogs!
Human traffic cones!

A pirate ship - Bella approved

San Martino Church
Come back tomorrow for the Part 4 - the conclusion of our trip!

9 comments:

Rita said...

I just LOVE all these buildings nestled in the hills!! The statues, frescos, reliefs, mosaics--goodness! What a beautiful place. :)

Sueann said...

These pics took my breath away!! Gorgeous!!!!! The ones of the boats in the water...fabulous!!
Thank you so much for sharing all these photos!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love the architecture. It looks likes you are having a great time.
Such wonderful memories.

LindyLouMac said...

Thankyou for another fascinating virtual tour.

Intense Guy said...

Oh my... human traffic cones.. this place is on my bucket list now...

Unknown said...

OHHH so beutiful. Love the trees on the hill by the sea ...painting material for sure.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Stunning shots...and I agree...that boat picture should be a poster for Italy tourism...it is gorgous.

AliceKay said...

I loved seeing the interior of the church. It always amazes me when I see such beautiful artwork and architecture from a time when modern machinery wasn't around. I bet that pipe organ sounds beautiful, too.

Heatherlyn said...

That is amazing! So beautiful! So so SO beautiful!

I agree about the color of that house. It's a perfect yellow color. It has to be a perfect house to pull it off.

Now I am longing to live in a more Mediterranean climate.

Loved the fish.

The artwork is simply stunning, and how the art IS architecture.

Love! Thank you for sharing so many wonderful pictures!