Sunday, April 1, 2012

Trip To Portofino - Part 1

This was our longest tour to date, and man!, those longgggg bus rides get seriously old! No matter how many electronic gadgets you bring, lol! Luckily, we've gone to some amazing destinations that have more than made the travel worthwhile!!! It was so amazing to be on a coastline again and see WATER! I've so missed that!!! Our trip will be broken down into four posts....I think. It all depends on how much of a bugger Blogger decides to be. I'm having one heck of a time uploading photos with the latest "upgrades". As in over twice the time and it took DAYS before on one trip. I just don't have that kind of time, so I'm undecided on what I'm going to do to fix this latest Blogger issue. Why can't they just leave well enough alone, anyway????

Sooooo......*deep breath*....enjoy Portofino!

On the ferry, leaving Santa Margherita going to Portofino.
On ferry, entering Portofino
Market Area
Walking up to the castle.
(You'll see the shop I got my sunflower table runner at the very end!)
Halfway up - a *bit* out of breath!
Mermaid Sighting!
(not really, lol!)
I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2 and those photos
are AMAZING!! Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Rita said...

What a beautiful town! The buildings are just magical to a foreigner like me. Wow! :):)

Deanna said...

Awesome! Loved the photos. I felt like I was there with you (do you denote a twinge of jealouse there?)

I'm so loving this new computer. I was actually able to watch the videos and scroll through the pictures without it buffering and waiting. Awesome!!!!!

Catherine said...

Looks beautiful but not stroller friendly. :)

Zabrinah said...

I love the pictures! There are very beautiful. I love to travel, so it's nice to be able to do it vicariously through the blogging world!

:)

~Zabrinah
[your everyday girl,
writing about guys]

AliceKay said...

Looks like you had a chilly spring day for your trip, but you still got some great pictures. I found the cemetery very interesting. Looking forward to part 2.

*cheers for Deanna* :)

Unknown said...

OHH exciting just getting there with the ferry. Wonderful pictures.

Intense Guy said...

I bet you really wanted to sail away in that "blow boat"!!

:)

I know I do.

Ally said...

Just finished perusing parts 1, 2, and 3 of Portofino and I LOVE all of it. When you first got over there, I was kind of afraid that you wouldn't get to travel much with Thomas working all the time. I'm so glad that it's working out that you're taking some AMAZING trips and that Bella is going to be old enough to remember most of it.

Also...my favorite picture is also the one you took of the boat. And what I miss absolutely most about being in the European countries is how naturally old everything is. It's like walking around in a La Dolce Vita movie set all the time. You certainly don't get that in Georgia!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Great shots of the town....loved the stairs and tunnels. Loved the Bella and her dad shots too....precious.

KatCollects said...

Oh my gosh, lucky girl!!! I used to have this photo hanging up called Portofino lights and I always dreamed of going there. Your photos are beautiful! I am so happy your family got to go on this amazing trip. I think I need to come visit you and we can go again, lol. I am off to see more of your photos.
Big hugs,
Kathy