Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Sunday Blessings

Good morning Bloggy Friends -
Happy Sunday!

Last night we went to a new restaurant with our neighbors; a Thai one. I've never had Thai food before, but I love Chinese and was expecting some seriously yummy food. It was amazing!!! Sooooo good! I had beef with bamboo and mushrooms, Thomas had sweet & sour pork, and Bella had chicken & rice and dumplings. We all shared everything and it was all fantastic. AND they have take out service - so I totally snatched up a menu, lol!!!! Fabulous!

But....as great as the food was, the wine was out of this world. I had a half carafe of the house red (which in Italy is about four glasses and completely reasonable for one person's consumption - :D ) At first it was ok, not bad but not anything special either. But it was Magic Wine, lol! The more I drank, the better it was!!!! Ohmygosh, Jeannie was feeling no pain, what-so-ever! OY!! Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

All the way home I was just chattering away (about what I have no clue!) and giggling like the drunken fool I was! The restaurant was only about 5 minutes from the house, so we were soon approaching the gate to our housing community.

Thomas to gate guard: Buona sera! [Good evening!]

Italian Gate guard: Buona sera!

Jeannie to no one in particular: *giggle* (Picture a hyena here. The more I tried to stop, and I did try, the harder I laughed!!)

Thomas, head nudging in my direction: Ah, vino!

BOTH gate guards, bend over and and peer over in my direction: Ah, celebration!! Molto bene!! [Very good!!]

At this point I felt compelled to shout: I LOVE YOUR COUNTRY!!!!

And the two gate guards felt compelled to laugh their butts off!! Hey, no one in the world appreciates an enthusiastic partier like the Italians!

Thomas put Bella to bed as it was late for her, while I twirled around in my new skirt (it was long and flared and very, very twirlable) in the backyard. It just seemed appropriate, lol!! We then shared a glass of my favorite wine because I hadn't had quite enough - *eye roll*. Then I guess Thomas persuaded me that I should probably go to bed, and I danced all the way up the stairs. Not only is the Italian wine super-di-duper, but it doesn't give you a hangover either!!

I LOVE ITALY!!!!!

21 comments:

Sueann said...

Ha! Your food sounded so good! Glad you enjoyed yourself! I could just see you in the backyard twirling and twirling. What fun!!
I never have had Thai food either...guess I will have to try it now.
Happy Sunday
Hugs
SueAnn

Stephanie Faris said...

Sounds like a fun evening! I've never had Thai food either.

Anonymous said...

LOL sounds like you had a really nice time, you are too funny, Im glad you enjoyed yourself and you have no hangover, have a good day!

Unknown said...

I gotta say I burst out laughing when you got to the I love your country part...BUT....I am so glad you had fun...and now...I need some of that Italian wine too!(cuz I love the wine, but hate hangovers!)

CB said...

You are a crack up! Glad you had fun.
I have never had Thai food either and I never had even thought about it - Sounds yummy though!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Sounds like a great evening....am loving the book....and my Saturday post was evidence of the book in action. :-)

Mrs. M said...

Oh, sounds wonderful!!! :)

Mary said...

Thanks for the laugh...and glad you thoroughly enjoyed yourself!

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you had a nice time last night. We should all be so lucky. LOL

Hope you're having a super-di-duper Sunday. :) *hugs*

Kristina P. said...

I like some Thai food, but overall, it's not my favorite.

LindyLouMac said...

It is great to know that you are loving Italy!

Deanna said...

I'd be seriously under the table if I drank 5 glasses of wine lol. It does sound like a super-di-duper evening!

Mimi said...

I'm so happy that you're finally getting to enjoy your time there!

xoxo

Melissa B. said...

AND I'M SO JEALOUS! Next time, have a glass for me, too, OK?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like a total blast! I wish Thomas would have had a video camera. I would love to have seen it. Well, seeing Italy would have been fun too!

Tammy said...

You just made me smile girl! :)

foxy said...

That story totally made my day! Did you ever dream that you'd be sharing a story like that?? Dreams DO come true, huh?? :)

Annie said...

You ARE so funny!!!
And yes, I repeat - you are sooo living my dream life right now!!! :)

Unknown said...

you kill me!

Intense Guy said...

Hmmm.. sounds like someone blew off some steam!

:) Maybe Bella will have a little sister...

scrappysue said...

that's so funny! i loved their red wine too - and i LOVE thai food!!! i can't believe uve never had it before now!