Tip for the day: Marry Well!!
(And just for the record, this isn't my wedding cake. Mine was prettier, but this one will do for my post!)
By marrying well, I do not mean marrying into wealth, or into a "great" family. I mean marrying WELL! Marrying a great guy (assuming you're a gal!), who will prove his greatness when it really counts. Not in the mall when he holds your purse, so you can try stuff on - but that's great. Not when he keeps your kids upstairs and quiet, so you can have a girls only Pampered Chef party downstairs - but that's great. Not when he remembers to take out the trash without being
nagged, bribed, threatened reminded - but that's great. Nope, I'm talking about important stuff here.
No, a guy's worth is proven on mornings like today. I woke up this morning at just before 6am. And OHMYGOD my head was killing me. You Regulars know that I get really, really, really bad sinus headaches. Often. But this was just crazy bad. As in, I was seriously considering going to the ER bad. Me. Going to the ER. For myself. In jammies that passed their prime five years ago, stinky, bad breath, crazy hair me. And not caring how I looked. Yeah, that bad.
I crawled down the stairs. All fours. Thomas was already up. He saw me. And he:
1. Asked if I needed to go to the ER. I said no...or something.
2. Then he got my Excedrin and Sudafed, without me asking.
3. He made me my tea, without me asking.
4. Helped me off the floor and into my chair, without me asking.
5. Literally held my head together because any second it was going to explode. No joke.
6. He said he was getting cramps in his arms. I said, too bad. He didn't comment or sigh, and kept holding my head.
7. As the meds started working, they started messing with my empty stomache and the nausea was almost worse. He got me some crackers, without me asking.
8. IF I had started puking, which praise God I didn't, he would have held my hair, without me asking. (He's done it before.)
9. He let me go back to bed and sleep as long as I needed to, without me asking.
10. He made me a second cup of tea when I got up a second time, without me asking.
That Ladies, is marrying well!!! Thank you sooooo much Thomas! I love you! AND....I feel so much better now! Whew!!
Stay Tuned Faithful Readers!
BIG NEWS COMING...