Friday, July 24, 2009

Takin' the day off...

I'm taking a bloggy time out. It's probably just for today, so please don't panic or bombard me with emails. K? I'm burned out, outta fresh ideas, feeling behind on so many things, on so many levels, stressed out, sad and skating close to a real depression. SO..........before how I'm feeling gets completely out of hand, I'm stepping back and taking care of myself for a change! Because lately, being everyone's everything isn't working out so great. And apparently people only like the "happy" version of me, and I'm not allowed to have off days, or "unpopular" opinions. So for those people I've hurt - I'm sorry. For those people whose expectations I've failed to meet - I'm sorry. I'm only me - flawed human being that I am. But I do try. Harder than you can imagine.

True friendship is a gift
Oh so precious and so rare
Sometimes we take it for granted
Sometimes we do despair

Our fault is being human
Mistakes are everywhere
Please let me not lose the gift
That is so precious and so rare.


There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.


We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.


*comments off*