Sunday, June 7, 2009

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!

*** Is ANYONE in the Rochester, MN area??? ***

From Meaghan @ SpiritJump:

This is the first emergency, and hopefully the only, we have sent out. Many of you know Karen Jo Mosely or @peasandluvfrmJO We sent out a Spirit Jump request for her recently and many of you responded. Today I woke up so some very upsetting news.This is the first email I read today:"

Hi there,

I just spoke with @peasandluvfrmJO (Karen Mosely) who posted the following tweet about an hour ago:

"recovering from Radical mastectomy. Can ANYBODY send me a balloon or flowers? (*email me for phone number*) I feel so alone in this world. crying now. bye JO"

She is a spiritjumper who is definitely in need. She is an amputee and had to drive herself to the hospital for surgery and is all alone, with no family to be with her. She has 2 cats that a neighbor is taking care of. She will be in the hospital for at least a couple more days and was in much pain when I spoke with her. She mentioned that she is looking for someone who could make a quilt for her, maybe even a joint effort. I don't really sew, but if you come up with any ideas, perhaps I can help in some way....."

I just spoke with her on the phone and she is in such pain physically and emotionally. She drove herself to the hospital, had major surgery and not one person has visited or called her. After she sent her tweet two people called her which warmed her heart and I thank those two amazing people from the bottom of my heart! But we can and need to do more than that. If anyone is in the area could you PLEASE visit her at the hospital. She is staying at Methodist Hospital near the Mayo clinic in Rochester MN. Her room # is 6407. Right now she is all alone, no cards, no flowers NOTHING but the few phone calls received because she was brave enough to reach out to others. If you have 5 minutes today please call her. If you have the ability send flowers or balloon that would be WONDERFUL. If you want to send a card to her home I can get you that info as well. Right now we need some immediate action. One of our fellow fighters is in pain and ALONE. The pain we can't do anything about but the ALONE we can fix!Please email me back letting me know if you can help in anyway!

xoxo
Meaghan
*****************************
Calling all Bloggy Friends!! Can you call? Can you visit? Do you quilt or know someone who does??? Please help me, help Meaghan to reach out to this lovely woman!!!!

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

poor thing :( i am nowhere near there, and i can't even sew a button on a pair of pants. but i can pray! thanks for sharing this with us, i hope someone can go by and say hi

Shan G said...

Jo is one of my followers, here is her blog addy: http://jomoseleysblog.blogspot.com/

That is just so horrible! I have been so busy with my own family stuff, that I haven't visited her in a while. :( I may have a friend near her, so I will see if I can get her to go visit her and bring her a balloon or something. Does anyone know what church she belongs to? Maybe we could contact her church to come help her out?

Deanna said...

I don't know Jo but I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

LadyStyx said...

Left a comment on BRM's blog to get me an addy for Jo. I'll pick up a card on Thursday while Im out and ship it right off.

Anonymous said...

I sent her some flowers, but I hope she gets some visitors.

Unknown said...

AWW poor woman. She is in my prayers

Lipstick said...

Oh my goodness...that breaks my heart! I am headed to her blog now. I am as far away from MN as I could possibly be, but I can sure email!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I am enjoying reading yours!