Thursday, February 5, 2009

De-Stress Thursday

I found a penny today
Laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny,
This little coin I've found.
Found pennies come from heaven,
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss them down.
Oh, how I loved that story.
He said when an Angel misses you,
They toss a penny down;
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
To make a smile out of your frown.
So, don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven
That an Angel's tossed to you.
So...now pass this on
to people you care about
And who you feel are Angels to you.
I just did.
An Angel is watching over you.
Have A Great Day!

6 comments:

Donnetta said...

What a sweet poem!

I'm passing the friendship award on to YOU! Just go to my blog to copy the award! :) http://jayefamily.blogspot.com

Grand Pooba said...

Awwww!

Heatherlyn said...

I had never heard the theory that pennies are tossed down by angels. It is a lovely thought.

ChicagoLady said...

As much as I dislike pennies and wish we would get rid of them, I do always pick them up when I find them on the ground.

Anonymous said...

What a darling post. Just recently, I have noticed pennies on the ground and I never pick them up but, yesterday, for some reason, I saw a penny and picked it up.

Angels are watching over me ;)

Cassie said...

I have a penny from an Angel story to tell you. I worked for an ambulance company. We employed 2 people that had Downs Syndrome. They were absolutely loved by all of us. "George" cleaned the ambulances and he took GREAT pride in his work. He became very ill and passed away suddenly. His Mother and Father were just as much a part of our "family" at work as George was. His Mom told us all this story at a banquet that we had just two days after George passed away..(sorry if this goes long):

She was at Georges' bedside just before he passed away. She looked down on the blanket and saw a penny. When she picked it up, the nurse said "that's a penny from heaven". Georges' mom had never heard this story before, so the nurse told her that an angel was watching over him. Georges Mom went on to tell us how much he loved each and every one at the company, and that if we found pennies, that they were most likely from George.

Just days after this banquet, back at work, EVERYONE started finding pennies. We found them in the ambulances, in or desk drawers. INSIDE equipment, in the fridge...Everywhere!

I asked our CEO if he was leaving them for us to find, to raise our morale, and he swore that he had not done it! We all truly believed that they were from George.