Thursday, September 20, 2007

Welcome New Readers!

Hello
I'm so glad you are here! Because I personally screened those people who were given this link, it should be a "safe haven" where I can share my recipes. I hope you'll find this site helpful to your weight-loss or maintainence goals!! Please feel free to ask any questions or leave comments here, just like you would on the NS boards. Just click on the comments link and fire away!

You'll notice there are alot of articles and family pictures here as well! My family is my WORLD!! I do realize that it's not your world though, lol, so if you are only interested in NS related menus and articles, go to the bottom of this page and you will see all the labels I have - including "NS Menus". If you click on that, only those things will be shown and you'll find it easier and faster to get to the FOOD!! I normally update my blog every evening around 8pm or so, but sometimes I get busy and it's delayed. Don't worry - I always get to it!!

Sometimes I will purchase frozen entrees to have on hand for those times when I'm too busy, rushed or lazy to cook. I carefully check the nutritional labels on each item, because you have to be careful with not only calories, but the sodium & fat content, carbs and protein. So if you see something listed here - it's safe! Some Weight Watchers items (red packaging that says Smart Ones) have good stats but are low on protein - like their ice cream cups. Because I use my own foods, I can account for this and up the protein elsewhere in my day. Also some Lean Cuisine & South Beach Diet entrees you will find at the grocery store have too many calories and/or fat for our NS plan. Read the labels!! If you have questions - I'm an email away!!

Have fun and bon appetit!!
Picnic

No comments: