Friday, August 10, 2007

I really miss my Sweet Baboo tonight......

The cover of our Wedding Album

It's not that I don't miss him EVERY night, because I do! But tonight, I just miss him more. It's been nearly five months since he left. That's alot of time. He was supposed to be home on August 15th, next Wednesday, but now that date is going to come and go.....and he still won't be home. Perhaps in November? Perhaps, maybe.......maybe not. Maybe not until next year. We just don't know and I think that's the part that's the hardest to bear. If I just had a date, a firm date to look forward to..........but that's not the way the Army works. So I check off the days on my calendar, knowing that it's just one more day closer to being together, even if I don't know when it will be.

I miss talking to him - face to face - and not on a 15 minute time limit. I miss seeing him shave in the mornings in his underwear - making faces at him and him pretending to be mad at me. I miss dumping COLD water on his head while he showers - just to hear him holler! I miss watching him play with Bella because he always makes her laugh the hardest. I miss his special smell (farts excluded!!!!) and being snuggle-close in bed before falling asleep. I miss his ready compliments and sunny personality. I miss his hugs and his kisses and his way of making feel like the most special, beautiful, wonderful, talented woman in the world. I just miss my bestest best friend - my husband - my Sweet Baboo!!!!!

And until he comes home........we'll keep his sign ready.........

No comments: